HOW ARE THE CABINS FURNISHED?
All cabins on our ships are furnished with en-suite shower and toilet, Info-tainment system with flat-screen TV, telephone, safe, spacious closet (partially walk-in), quality vegan toiletries (shower gel, shampoo, and soap) and hair dryer. Each cabin has individually-adjustable air conditioning. In addition, all suites offer a minibar (restocked daily) and cozy lounge area. Some cabins are equipped with bathtubs (Please see cabin descriptions for details. We are happy to reserve the cabin of your choice when booking.)
ARE ALL VEGAN MEALS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE CRUISE?
Yes. Your gastronomic adventure takes place in the sunlight-bathed restaurant with a panoramic view. We offer a bountiful breakfast buffet, served by our attentive service staff. Lunch is a diverse selection of regular buffet dishes accompanied by daily specials. Later in the afternoon, we invite you to join us for a slice (or two) of delicious cake with tea and coffee.
Every evening, the jewel in our culinary crown is the meticulously assembled, 4 or 5-course all vegan dinner menu, which provides a sophisticated taste of regional specialities from along the banks of the rivers or oceans we travel on. For the night owls, we also serve a delicious midnight snack in the Lounge. Naturally, all meals are 100% vegan.
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE AGE OF GUESTS?
Our vegan river cruises appeal to guests of all age groups, since veganism is becoming popular with many different people. This is exactly what makes our cruises so special – all our guests share an interest in a vegan way of living. Regardless of age, you are guaranteed to be surrounded by like-minded, lovely people. And you are guaranteed to have an amazing time when travelling with us.
WHY TAKE AN ALL VEGAN RIVER CRUISE?
Taking an all vegan river cruise is truly a win-win situation for you. Many of the world's most exciting and historical cities are located on rivers; river ships generally dock right in the heart of a town or village, centrally placing you where all the sights are within moments of disembarking the ship. Plus: Vegan fine dining all day.
Do I have to wear a formal dress every night?
Don't worry, we don't expect you to dress formal every night. You can go all out and get dressed up nightly if you would like to but it is not a requirement. You also have the option of dressing casually to eat every night of the week.
We want you to be as comfortable as possible. Dress however you wish! :)
Can I check my emails and social media accounts when I am on board?
Yes! Most ships have internet access available for free (river) or to purchase (ocean) when you get on board. However, each ocean ship has varying prices depending on the amount of minutes or data volume you need.
Please note that that the wireless connection can be weaker in certain areas and is not always comparable to a wireless connection in a typical hotel. Since we often cross national borders during the cruise, the connection can be interrupted.
On our expedition cruises, Internet won't be available when we are sailing.
I have dietary restrictions / food allergies / intolerances. Is this a problem?
Absolutely not a problem, as long as you inform us in advance. Therefore, we ask you to give us precise details of your dietary requirements at the time of booking, in order to give us time to make the necessary preparations. You can find more information on our Free From page.
What is the language on board your ships?
The main languages on board are English and German. All staff, crew and tour guides speak English and all announcements will be made in German and English. Most of our cooking demos and lectures are in English; while some are bi-lingual.
Is there any specific cruise information I need to be aware of?
• Air Conditioning and Heating: All cabins have individually controlled air conditioning, allowing you to regulate the temperature to your own needs.
• Bicycles: We provide bicycles on board most of our ships for your convenience and we encourage you to take the opportunity to make use of the many scenic rides along the waterways and local villages. A safety helmet and bike lock is provided. Please contact reception for bookings.
• Butler Service: A personal butler is available on some of our ships. Our cabin attendants are happy to deliver drinks to guests staying in other cabins at any time. The mini bar will be restocked daily. Please advise us if you require any additional drinks in your cabin. Housekeeping staff are available to serve you at any time.
• Cabin Allocations: Please be aware that cabin allocations as per your booking confirmation are subject to change. Once on board, your Vegan Travel Cruise Director will be available should you have any queries.
• Cuisine & Dining Room Service: You’ll enjoy fine vegan cuisine and excellent views in your ship’s dining room, featuring a warm decor, large windows, and white-linen and china table settings. Our professional vegan chefs will create unique menus for you that feature regional specialties.
Open-table, single seating for all meals: Each meal is open seating and reservations of any kind are accepted on request. Dinner has only one designated time for its open seating, announced each day aboard ship.
• Currency/Exchange of Money: We offer an on board currency exchange service. Contact Reception for more information when on board.
• Dietary Requests: If you have special dietary requests, please advise Vegan Travel at least 2 weeks prior to departure, and also advise your Cruise Director or restaurant manager. Please note that facilities to accommodate special dietary requests on board are limited and, while the chefs will try to accommodate requests, no guarantees can be made.
• Dining: It is our pleasure to provide a maitre d' seating service for your convenience and comfort at the main restaurant for all meals. We operate an open seating service. Having a free choice of seating allows you to join friends for dinner as you wish. Breakfast and lunch are a full buffet service offering a wonderful selection of hot and cold dishes. Dinner will be à la carte and will be served personally.
• River Cruise Docking at European Ports: When docking at some European ports there may be several other cruise ships docking at the same place. During port stops, ships may dock side-by-side, obstructing views and requiring you to pass through other ships to embark and disembark. To embark and disembark in these circumstances, a walkway is established between neighbouring ships, and passengers simply walk through to the shore.
• Dress code: The dining-room dress code is casual, though some travellers dress nicely for the Captain’s Welcome Reception and Farewell Dinner. But this is up to you! Dress as you like. :)
• Electricity: On board electricity is 220 volt.
• Elevator/Chairlift: The ship has one elevator, however, the elevator only provides access from the main deck to the boat deck. It does not go to the Sun deck. The ship is not equipped with wheelchair access.
• Embarkation/Disembarkation: On the day you board your ship, your cabin will be available at around 14.00. On the day of disembarkation, your cabin will no longer be available after breakfast. You may sit in the ship’s lounge or on the Sun Deck until disembarkation.
• Hair Salon: There is a hair salon/hairdresser available. Appointments can be made through the ship's reception desk.
• Hairdryers: Hairdryers are in each cabin.
• Laundry: Laundry service is available for a fee. Please note: neither self-service laundry facilities nor dry cleaning services are available.
• On board Account: All purchases are charged to your on-board account. The final bill can be settled in cash or by credit card at the end of the cruise. The currency on board the ships is the Euro.
• On board Shop: On board your ship you will find a small souvenir shop which sells only certified authentic local products. (Please note that the shop does not sell personal items such as toothbrushes or other toiletries.)
• Passports: It is a requirement of the European Authorities that passports be available for inspection at any time. Therefore we will keep your passport secure in our safe at Reception.
• Reception: The reception desk is staffed 24 hours a day.
When will we receive our final travel documents?
Travel documents will be issued approximately 2-3 weeks prior to departure. Until then, you can always check your booking confirmation and our website.
Are the ships nonsmoking? Are there smoking areas?
All Vegan Travel ship interiors, staterooms and verandas are nonsmoking; this policy also applies to e-cigarettes. Each ship has a designated outdoor smoking area, generally on the Sun Deck.
Are dogs allowed on the ship?
Unfortunately, for reasons of hygiene, shipping companies do not allow dogs to be taken on board.
At Vegan Travel we create 100% vegan river cruise experiences for all to enjoy. With a penchant for fun, food and fitness, we've got you covered. So leave the worries at home and let us help you sail away, the vegan way. We also do ocean cruises: vegan-cruises.co
© 2016 - 2017 Vegan Travel, All rights reserved. Developed By: 24x7 itpl.com